The Swan was first opened as a Free House by Emily Hannell way back in 1840. Since then the place has gone through a number of developments, extensions and landlords and ladies. (Although some say Emily's ghost still bumps around in the night even today). Nowadays, the pub is owned and run by the Caffrey family, who fell in love with the village and its pub upon a chance visit! We think Emily would be proud!